Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fall is definitely in the air!

So, the weather is changing. It's bouncing between overcast and drizzly and sometimes downpouring, to gorgeous and sunny. Fall's HERE! ;o)

Today I've been busy... turned over one half of the compost heap, oh so beautiful in there! The worms are working overtime, I swear! Already it's gorgeous, dark, lush loveliness! Smells ridiculously wonderful. Turned over the most recent additions of veggies, straw, shredded newspaper, and found the worms were EVERYWHERE in there, even 3' off the ground. They're chewing through the newspapers et al like you've never seen before. Well, okay, like I'VE never seen before.




I'm going to try to keep it going this winter, despite the cold temps. I've been reading up on humanure composting, and I think I'm going to steal some of those ideas for the compost heap we have here.... especially keeping it hot hot hot over winter. I think if I'm careful I can keep the temps up inside. Just gotta keep an eye on it.

So excited about how this spring/summer/fall has been going!

No comments:

Post a Comment